This Mother's Day, I'm celebrating six years of motherhood. Six beautiful years of re-learning myself -- who I am as a mother and how I want to grow moving forward. One way that I've grown exponentially over the last six years is in my self care rituals. Quite honestly, it didn't feel that way until recently.
Maybe it's the way I sometimes feel inundated with too many product options, making it hard to make decisions without overcomplicating my routine. So, maybe six years is a sweet spot of sorts. Or perhaps it has something to do with my own journey of creating products and deepening my understanding of what a quality products imbues. I've also had the pleasure of carrying many exceptional brands over the years in our sustainable marketplace, resulting in years of testing and finding what works for me and our guests. Whatever the reason may be, I'm grateful to have found products and routines that I truly love and return to time and time again.
Wether you're journeying through motherhood, about to become a mama, or on a different path, I hope this list will be a refreshing guide in enhancing your self care rituals. And bonus, all of these brands are woman owned!
- SEAS by Merewif - this 10-Free polish is my absolute favorite. The colors are so beautiful and high quality. I don't polish my nails often, but when I do, using this brand is such a treat.
- BARE HANDS - Over a year ago, I decided to give my nails a much needed break from polish. Using this kit truly transformed my nails and brought them back to health. I find it so relaxing to sit and do my own nails now.
- Womb Protector by THE FULLEST - During the Pandemic lockdown, I was postpartum and looking for a solution to get my cycle regulated again. I was introduced to Pelvic Steaming (Yoni Steaming) and I've been doing it ever since. Pelvic steaming is an ancient practice that cleanses, tones, and heals the womb and internal tissues through the use of medicinal herbs and heat. There is so much to learn about pelvic streaming and these herb packets are a great place to start. In addition to restoring balance, this formula aids in conception, fertility, postpartum healing, and preventing recurring infections. If you're new to steaming, you can find steaming stools and pots on Etsy.
- Warm Feelings by THE FULLEST - These sachets have become one of my favorite weekly rituals. When I need a mood boost, this is always my go to. Containing saffron, cardamom, and coconut, this beverage blend is formulated to support anxiety, depression, ADHD, hormonal hair loss, menopause, and postpartum. It's truly magic in a cup. I like to blend mine into raw whole milk. Plant-based milk is great with it as well.
- Renew Cream by MERMARCHÉ - This was the very first product we developed and I'm truly so proud of it. After years as a hairstylist, I was desperate for a hand cream that renewed my dry, aged hands. After consistent use, my hands look youthful and feel soft again. And the scent of sea salt and citrus always draws in compliments. I've been known to give mine away when people ask me about the scent I'm wearing. And I always keep an extra one at my bedside for an overnight treatment.
- Agate Gua Sha by MERMARCHÉ - This tool saves me from my post-travel puffiness and all the neck/head aches. It's also an excellent natural alternative to botox. If you haven't tried Gua Sha yet, here's your sign that it's time. Using this tool instantly de-puffs, sculpts, and relieves tension. For tips and tutorials, refer to our instagram.
- Facial Sea Sponge by MERMARCHÉ - My new favorite sustainable swap. I now use a sea sponge to cleanse my face and body. They are biodegradable, anti-bacterial, and the perfect texture for gentle exfoliation. Not to mention, they're so pretty on my countertop.
SHOP THE EDIT
IN HONOR OF MOTHER'S DAY, PLEASE ENJOY 15% OFF YOUR PURCHASE NOW THROUGH MAY 14th with code HONORMOM
A SPECIAL MOTHER'S DAY GIVEAWAY!
We want to gift the entire list of Christie's motherhood favorites to you!
Here's how to enter:
- Sign up for our VIP Text Club below or click HERE on your phone
- Subscribe to our E-Mail List at the bottom of this site page.
- Follow us on Instagram HERE
- Like and comment tagging three people on the giveaway instagram post
- Additional Entry for sharing the Instagram post in your stories